Dates and Deadlines
- The Newberry will begin accepting applications for all available fellowships on August 15. Please apply at: http://newberry.slideroom.com/
- The deadline for Long-Term Fellowship applications is 11:59 PM CST on November 1.
- Recommenders have a ten-day grace period to submit their letter of recommendation; letters will not be accepted after November 10.
- Long-term applicants will be notified of their status in late February/early March.
- Fellowship recipients will be notified by email. Recipients have two weeks to accept or reject the award and confirm dates of residence. If fellowship awards are not accepted by the end of the two-week period, the award will be offered to an alternate.
- The deadline for the Weiss-Brown Publication Subvention is 11:59 PM CST on February 15.
- Weiss-Brown Publication Subvention awardees will be notified in late March/early April of their award.
- Fellowships awarded for the 2020-21 academic year must be continuous and should start after June 1, 2021 and conclude before August 31, 2022. Orientation sessions are typically held on the first and third Tuesday of each month (exceptions are made for holidays that fall on Tuesdays).
- Long-Term Fellowships of 4 or 5 months should occur primarily during the academic year, which we construe as September through May. Short-Term Fellowships may take place during any month.