The Newberry Teachers’ Consortium offers a series of intellectually stimulating, content-based Professional Development seminars led by scholars from area universities and colleges. The seminars aim to reconnect teachers with the world of scholarship in their content areas and re-inspire them to model the love of learning for their students.
Registration is now open. You may view upcoming seminars below and register through our online platform, Learning Stream.
Due to the ever-changing public health landscape in light of the coronavirus pandemic, and in order to accommodate a variety of teaching schedules, we’re offering three formats:
- Virtual Seminars (via Zoom), for 1.5 hours (worth 1.5 CPDUs), from 3:30-5pm (Central Time)
- In-Person Seminars at the Newberry Library, for 3 hours (3 CPDUs), from 9:30am-12:30pm (Central Time)
- NTC+Plus: Special All-Day Seminars at the Newberry Library, for 5 hours (worth 5 CPDUs), from 9:30am-3:30pm (Central Time)
Below are the documents that will aid participants in registering for seminars.
- NTC 2021-22 Seminar Schedule
- Registration Guide
- Pricing Guide
- NTC Registration Form for Administrators (optional, but recommended)
For more information about the NTC series, including how to register for seminars, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is what some of our participants had to say about Newberry programs:
“Thank you for your programming. Attending a Newberry Seminar is always one of the most enjoyable and beneficial professional development experiences of the school year.”
“It’s hard to find time to take deep dives into various topics, so professors who are experts in the area have valuable information for me.”
“These seminars are some of the ONLY PDs I’ve attended over the past 11 years of my teaching career that treat teachers as professional, intelligent academic leaders.”
“I love that it’s just a day for me to ‘nerd out’ and learn about something interesting to me!”