Welcome to the Newberry’s Employment Opportunities page. Positions for which the Newberry is currently accepting applications are listed below. Positions will remain posted until filled or until a sufficient pool of qualified candidates has been established.
Unless otherwise directed in the job posting, please send cover letter and résumé to the Human Resources Director. When emailing, please combine cover letter and résumé as one Word or PDF document and submit that document as an email attachment.
Human Resources Director
The Newberry Library
60 West Walton Street
Chicago, IL 60610-7324
Fax: (312) 255-3509
No phone calls please.
In addition to accepting résumés for current vacancies, we keep a file of general and specific inquiries regarding employment at the Newberry. General inquiries should include a preference of position, department and hours (part-time or full-time.) Résumés are kept on file for six months.
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Newberry.
The Newberry is an equal opportunity employer.
Department: Information Technology
Summary: The Web Manager will manage the content, organizational structure, and information architecture of the Newberry website, providing a centralized focus. The Web Manager will also oversee the incorporation of new technologies and modes of communication into the website, provide training in the use of the Content Management System, and work with others to coordinate and develop web content on a variety of hosted sites.
- Lead the content management of the website. With the Director of IT, consider needed or proposed changes to the website, and coordinate the implementation of those changes, including modifications to the Content Management System.
- Provide training in the use of the Content Management System, website style guides, and information design principles.
- Consider and make recommendations about website innovations, especially content.
- Advise and assist the Director of Communications and Marketing in the use of Newberry social media sites to meet general communications objectives.
- Work with the Director of Digital Initiatives and Services on the development of content on external sites such as http://publications.newberry.org.
- Coordinate the integration of Newberry web resources and promote standards representing institution-wide perspectives and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA in humanities or related field
- Quick thinking, attention to detail, and a willingness to learn
- Professional attitude and clear communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of staff
- Initiative to create and/or manage tasks and projects in a timely fashion
- Basic social media and web design experience
- Past editing experience a plus
Schedule: Part-time, 21 hours hours/week. Non-exempt position.
Date Posted: May 6, 2013
Date Available: July 8, 2013