Updates Regarding COVID-19
Updated February 28, 2021, 10:25 am
Our reading rooms are open to researchers by appointment so we can limit the number of people in the library and promote social distancing. Learn about making an appointment. Reading room hours are Tuesday – Friday, 10 am – 4 pm.
The exhibition galleries are open as well, with From the Stacks, a rotating display of treasures from the Newberry collection, open March 2 – May 21. Appointments aren’t required at this time. Gallery hours are Tuesday – Friday, noon – 4 pm (the Newberry’s Rosenberg Bookshop is also open during these hours).
Please help us maintain a safe learning environment by:
- Wearing a face mask at all times (double masking encouraged)
- Keeping a distance of at least six feet from others
- Staying home if you are sick (or have been in contact with someone who is sick) and visiting us another time
Learn more by reading our FAQ for visitors.
There are myriad ways to connect with the Newberry at a distance:
- Watch a video tour of the fall 2020 exhibition Renaissance Invention: Stradanus’s “Nova Reperta”
- Browse, study, and remix some 2 million digital images from our collection online
- Use our digital resources for students, teachers, and scholars
- Tune in to virtual programs
- Join our corps of online volunteers and help transcribe letters and diaries from our archival collections
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for virtual assistance with your research