The Pargellis Society
In 2015, the Newberry Library founded the Pargellis Society, a corporate membership group open to companies in a wide range of business interests. Named for Stanley Pargellis, the fifth Newberry President and Librarian, the Society affirms his belief that corporations can and should play a vital role in civic life. Corporate gifts to the Newberry enhance the cultural life of the city by allowing the library to maintain its high standards of excellence and provide valuable educational and cultural experiences to the people of Chicago.
Corporate relationships with the Newberry can enhance brand image and awareness, build business relationships and reward employees, strengthen a reputation for corporate citizenship, and communicate key corporate messages to a select audience.
Pargellis Society membership requires a minimum annual contribution of $2,500, which may support a wide variety of Newberry projects and activities. Benefits vary by level, and may include:
- Invitations to special events at the Newberry, including exhibition preview nights, behind-the-scenes tours, and exclusive Pargellis Society events
- Discounts for employees at the Newberry Bookstore and on Newberry adult education seminars and event rentals
- Private tours of the library and collections, access to the expertise of the Newberry staff, and concierge service booking experiences at partner organizations across the United States and abroad
- Recognition on the Newberry’s website, donor plaques, and in the Annual Report and other materials
Pargellis Society Members
The Newberry is grateful for the support of our corporate partners:
- Allstate Insurance Company
- W.W. Grainger, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works
- Peoples Gas
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Anonymous (1)
To learn more about potential partnership opportunities, please contact Meredith Petrov, Director of Institutional Relations, at (312) 255-3687 or firstname.lastname@example.org.