We are delighted to announce that the Campaign for Tomorrow’s Newberry has exceeded its goal of $25 million. At its conclusion on June 30, 2013, more than 3,000 people, corporations, and foundations had contributed to the campaign. We are grateful for their generosity and support.
What impact will the campaign have?
Funds raised through the campaign will be directed to four goals:
- Digital innovation
- Enhanced programs and services
- Improved facilities
- Strengthened financial foundation
We've already begun using campaign money to support a variety of projects, including:
- Installing compact shelving
- Digitizing our collection for students and teachers
- Redesigning our website
- Celebrating our 125th anniversary through The Newberry 125 exhibition and our book, The Newberry 125, Stories of Our Collection
- Cataloging more than 30,000 items not previously available to readers, including seventeenth- and eighteenth-century French pamphlets and titles on early modern religion
- Introducing new public programs such as "Conversations at the Newberry"
- Funding new short- and long-term fellowships
- Expanding our professional development programs for teachers
- Acquiring new collection items
The Campaign for Tomorrow’s Newberry also raised more than $7 million for the Annual Fund and several million dollars for our endowment, improving the library’s financial stability and generating critical funds for general operations.
The campaign will allow us to begin work on many more initiatives in the coming months. Please stay tuned for updates.
Questions about the Campaign for Tomorrow's Newberry?
To receive more information about the Campaign for Tomorrow's Newberry, contact Meredith Petrov at email@example.com or (312) 255-3687.