We’re very pleased to announce that our Campaign for Tomorrow’s Newberry has raised almost 85 percent of its $25 million goal. Our heartfelt thanks go out to those of you who have helped make this success possible through your gifts to the campaign and the Annual Fund.
The Newberry already is putting our campaign commitments to work to enhance the library’s programs and services. Thanks to generous gifts, we’ve been able to:
- install compact shelving on three floors of our Stack Building;
- redesign the Newberry website;
- fund the 125th anniversary book, exhibitions, and public programs;
- add several short-term fellowships;
- provide multi-year funding for two staff positions;
- commit to a second year of the popular “Conversations at the Newberry” series;
- provide increased resources for cataloging and collecting;
- and raise hundreds of thousands of dollars in unrestricted support.
“The campaign was developed with our users squarely in mind, and our initiatives aim at making their experience with the library more enriching, more effective, more fulfilling,” Newberry President David Spadafora said. “The success of the Campaign for Tomorrow’s Newberry will help to guarantee that what has been accomplished here since we opened our doors 125 years ago, and will continue and grow greater as we move deeper into the 21st century.”
Only a few months of the campaign remain and we encourage everyone to join us in making a positive impact on the future of the Newberry and help us ensure that the library remains a vital cultural resource for another 125 years. To receive more information about the Campaign for Tomorrow’s Newberry, please contact Meredith Petrov at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 255-3687.